Keeping our community safe for everyone is the main goal of the Peaceable Neighbourhood Committee. Volunteers on this committee work with other groups, like Somerset West Community Health Centre (SWCHC), our Community Police Liaison Officer, and the Councillor’s office, on issues that affect the safety of everyone who lives, works, and plays in our community. This committee works hard to educate and inform residents by hosting events with our Community Liaison Officer, and mental health and social work experts to discuss supportive solutions to neighbourhood concerns. The Peaceable Neighbourhood committee focuses on what brings us all together and how we can support each other.
This committee mets on a monthly basis to:
- Work with other groups (SWCHC, St. Luke’s, Community Police Officer, BIAs Councillor’s office, etc) on issues that affect the safety of residents and businesses.
- Attend meetings called by residents and other stakeholders to discuss events and concerns.
- Gather information on effective and respectful responses to negative activities (CPTED, Safegrowth, etc).
- Consult with other community associations on effective responses.
- Keep up to date on resources (who to call for what) and ensure distribution to residents.
- Advocate for long- and short-term solutions to the issues of inequity that give rise to negative behaviours and activities.
To learn more, please contact us at: email@example.com