Interested in helping to green our community? Adopt a planter or bulb-out near you!
The city provides public planters with the intention that community members will take care of them. We’d like to connect you to a nearby planter or bulb-out and turn them into lovely spaces like these!
Planters & Bulb-outs adopted on Cambridge St. N., DCA garden at 755 Somerset St.,Planter adopted by 40 Arthur St. Neighbours
How it works:
Fill in the form below.
A Public Realm member from your area will contact you to discuss what’s available.
Then it’s up to you! Don’t forget that you are responsible for all maintenance, including watering.
- Make your own plant selections. We encourage perennials, especially pollinators and native plants.
- If there’s a tree in your planter, make sure it gets a good soaking from time to time.
- Use your local Buy Nothing groups to exchange plants and gardening info.
- The DCA will assist with neighbourhood mulch drops and we’ll notify you.
- We are also looking into a solution to improve the soil in these planters. Stay tuned.
Adopt a Planter is championed by your local DCA Public Realm folks!